I know that many of us are still recovering from the hilarity of the Daily Free Now’s Hurricane Sandy playlist, but the onset of Halloween is just begging for its own set of special occasion-relevant tunes.
In addition to seeing at least a handful of students walking down Comm. Ave in their best Halloween garb (I saw a dinosaur, a unicorn, a leopard, a ninja, some girl with a braid that was at least a foot tall) and a special Halloween episode of Boy Meets World, I hope that these songs set the mood for your day. And no, not that mood — that playlist isn’t coming until Valentine’s Day.
In no particular order:
1. “Werewolf Bar Mitzvah” // 30 Rock
2. “This Is Halloween” // The Nightmare Before Christmas (Composed by Danny Elfman)
3. “The Monster Mash” // Bobby “Boris” Pickett
4. “I Put A Spell On You” // Hocus Pocus
5. “Weird Science” // Oingo Boingo
And, last but not least:
6. “Thriller” // Michael Jackson