[tweetmeme source=”bucentral” only_single=false]“Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless” ~ Bill Watterson (author of Calvin and Hobbes)
This week, I found a whole bunch of fun stuff to do. I definitely can’t do it all, but I thought I would share my list with you.
– Go to the Royal Nightclub in Boston and see Steel Train open for Fun. (yeah, the headlining band is called “Fun.”).
I’ve seen Steel Train before, and I have to say, they put on a good show. This Indie rock band has toured with Tegan and Sara, Ben Folds, The Fray, Silversun Pickups, O.A.R, and more. I haven’t heard many songs by Fun, but if Steel Train is the opener, they must be good!
– Watch Black Swan, the psychological thriller starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. (Limited showing, so you have to see it at Boston Commons, or Kendall Square in Cambridge)
Black Swan = Padmé Amidala (Luke skywalker’s wife / Princess Leia’s mom) + Jackie from that 70’s show + pink tutus + horror = awesome. Here, just watch the trailer:
– Go to the Kowloon Komedy Club and Restaurant to see Ira Procter preform stand-up.
Very funny guy, and he’s been to BU before! Here is some of his material:
– See the PO BOYZ at Middle East Corner.
This high energy funk/rock trio features organ, guitar , and drums. From what I can tell, they seem to have a strong jazz funk background, but incorporate a little bit of everything into their style.
– Go to Berklee College of Music, and experience an authentic Led Zeppelin concert.
“Hammer of the Gods” is considered by many to be the “ultimate Led Zeppelin experience.” This showcase recreates the mystical aura of an authentic Zeppelin concert, complete with a thunderous sound, a spectacular light show, authentic instruments, vintage-period clothing, and flawless renditions of Zep favorites, all coupled with the band’s amazing stage presence. It creates a show like no other – a truly astounding showcase of Led Zeppelin’s raw energy and infinite musical genius. Tickets are $25-$45 on ticketmaster.
– See Rob Schneider do comedy at the Wilbur Theater.
The SNL and silver screen star gets back to his roots and preforms some stand-up comedy. You can buy tickets here.
– See OK GO at the Paradise Rock Club.
You know these guys… the treadmill music video, the video with the Rube Goldberg machine, or maybe from the Bing commericals that always play on Hulu? Well, they’re coming to the Paradise on Sunday! Act fast, I’m sure tickets to this show are a hot item.
– See Lewis Black do stand-up at Lowell Memorial Auditorium.
In my opinion, Lewis Black is friggen hillarious! You could be LYAO and ROFLing all night. Tickets are a bit on the expensive side, but I think it would be well worth it.
– See Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Playing basically everywhere that has a movie projector. If you haven’t seen this one, do it. Its been long enough that tickets won’t be sold out, but the theaters will probably still be pretty packed.
Well, I hope that I’ve given you guys something good to do this weekend! Now, I’m off to celebrate my weekend early by taking a nice long nap!
See you next week,