I know, I know; you’re stressed. You had four papers due this week and eleven midterms and sixty-two chemistry problem sets and then your car caught on fire and you broke your leg after you tripped over your shoelaces (even though you were wearing flip-flops), and life just sucks.
But given the option, which would you prefer: to wallow in pre-finals self pity, or to feel as happy, relaxed, and without-worry as a cat anesthetized with ketamine? I think the answer is pretty obvious.
With finals just around the corner, it can be extremely easy to get yourself caught up in the hype and forget that no matter what, you’re still going to be well and breathing in about two weeks from now. Get those teeth away from the bloody little nubs that used to be your fingernails and just try to remember that everything will be alright!
In order to try to calm some of those poor suffering nerves of yours, here is a playlist of 15 songs meant to soothe the soul with sunshine. These tunes always boost my mood, and hopefully they can give you some relief, as well!
1. Givers // Noche Nada
2. Buck O Nine // My Town
3. The Beatles // Twist and Shout
4. The Clash // Revolution Rock
5. Corinne Bailey Rae // Put Your Records On
6. Givers // Up Up Up
7. Jackson 5 // I Want You Back
8. Noah And The Whale // 5 Years Time
9. Mungo Jerry // In The Summertime
10. Matt and Kim // Daylight
11. The Avett Brothers // Kick Drum Heart
12. Sugar Ray // Every Morning
13. Vampire Weekend // A-Punk
14. Talking Heads // This Must Be the Place
15. Zac Brown Band // Toes